Who is Marc Anderson?
Marc Andreessen is a well-known figure in the American technology world and silicon valley. His famous achievements are as follows:
- He was the software engineer behind Mosaic, the world’s first web browser with a graphical user interface.
- Co-founder of Netscape Corporation, Netscape acquired by America Online in 1998, and America Online merged with Time Warner in 2010. AT&T (: T) and Time Warner officially closed their merger in June 2018.
- Co-founder and general partner of well-known venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (aka a16z).
- Co-founder of the software company Opsware, which was later sold to Hewlett-Packard (ticker: HPQ).
- Co-founder of Ning, a company that provides a platform for social networking sites.
Related content in my book
In my book “The Rules of Super Growth Stocks Investing“:
- Section 3-2, pp. 158-159.
His two most famous articles
The importance of these two articles
In addition to his lofty status in the software and venture capital industry, Marc Anderson is a well-known figure in the AAmerican technology world and silicon valley, and has published two famous articles with great influence. His published articles will attract wide attention and citations, and the importance of these two articles is no less than his contribution to the technology industry.
Web links to these two articles
Why software is eating the world
The article was published on August 20, 2011. The links to the Chinese and English versions are as follows:
- Chinese version: “Why Software Is Eating the World“
- Original English version: “Why Software Is Eating the World“
Why artificial intelligence will save the world?
The article was published on June 6, 2023. The links to the Chinese and English versions are as follows:
- Chinese version: “Why Artificial Intelligence Will Save the World“
- Original English version: “Why AI Will Save The World“
- “Artificial intelligence investment trap“
- “Major artificial intelligence companies in US stocks market“
- “OpenAI, the Generative Artificial Intelligence rising star and ChatGPT“
- “C3.ai, a position successfully artificial intelligence company“
- “Software PE ratio is about twice that of hardware. What is the basis?“
- “Vertical software is expensive, but worth the investment“
- “Chinese apps are taking over the world, accounting for 33% of global downloads“
- “Failed Taiwan Software Industry Policy“
- “Venture capital and unicorns introduction“
- “Global Venture Capital and Unicorn Report“
- The content of this site is the author’s personal opinions and is for reference only. I am not responsible for the correctness, opinions, and immediacy of the content and information of the article. Readers must make their own judgments.
- I shall not be liable for any damages or other legal liabilities for the direct or indirect losses caused by the readers’ direct or indirect reliance on and reference to the information on this site, or all the responsibilities arising therefrom, as a result of any investment behavior.